Small Press and Independent Author Events
The Book Bungalow fully supports small press and independent authors and takes pride in their success. We intend to present high-caliber author events and writer's workshops that will help readers in our community get to know authors and their writing process better. We understand the challenges of producing effective events, and since we expect our space to be in demand, we will host monthly multi-author events for our local authors to ensure strong attendance and increased outreach. If you are an author who has self-published your book(s), we hope you will consider taking part in such events. Authors published by small presses may have separate events, if desired, as the schedule allows.
If you would like to be considered for one of our Local Author Nights, or if you have published with a small press and prefer a separate event, please complete the attached request form and provide the following information:
- A short summary of the book, along with the publisher name, ISBN, retail price, and date of publication. Please include a review copy of your book with a self-addressed, postage-prepaid envelope so that we can return the book. If no envelope is provided, we will not return the copy of the book.
- Any information regarding your marketing and publicity plans and any events you have already had (including attendance and sales figures).
- A realistic estimate of how many people you expect will attend your event, and if you have a local following that you believe will attend the event.
Your request should be marked “Local Author Event Request” or "Small Press Author Event Request" and dropped off at our information desk or mailed to us at 76 West Tabernacle Street, Suite 8A, St. George, UT 84770.
You will receive a reply within 90 days from the date we receive your request.
A Local Authors Night may include up to but no more than three (3) authors.
Whether you are a small press or independent author, we will provide the following in support of your event should you be scheduled:
- Press release sent to all local TV, print, and radio media. If any media member is interested in an interview, we will help to coordinate that interview.
- E-mail calendar notices to our growing list of customers.
- In-store advertising.
- On-line advertising on our website, Facebook, and Twitter pages, plus postings with pictures on our Instagram page afterward.
- Staffing and venue for your event.
Small Press and Independent Author Event Guidelines and Regulations:
- The author will provide The Book Bungalow with a completed Small Press and Independent Author Event Request Form. See request form below.
- The Book Bungalow requires payment of a $25.00 co-operative and event hosting fee submitted when the event is confirmed.
- The author (or his/her small press publisher) will provide books for the event to be sold on a 60/40 consignment basis and sign a Consignment Agreement. See form below.
- The Book Bungalow will handle all book sales during the event.
- The author must take all remaining unsold books with them; only 2 copies will be left with The Book Bungalow for inventory.
- The author is responsible for completing the necessary invoice form (provided by The Book Bungalow the day of the event) in order to receive payment for any books sold during the event.
- The Book Bungalow will consider all event requests but cannot accommodate everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation!
The Events Team at The Book Bungalow
Forms to be completed: